Thinking about starting a new business or you’re a new entrepreneur? Entrepreneurship is a wonderful thing and takes a lot of patience, perseverance and hard work. The freedom entrepreneurship gives you is so worth it. Here are a few tips to help you as you start out.
Get clear about who you are
• When deciding to enter the world of entrepreneurship, you have to get really clear about who you truly are. This journey can be the most rewarding but it’s not for the weak. It can be brutal and challenging at times and you will want to give up. But knowing who you are will help you truly help you stay the course as an entrepreneur.
What do you want?
• Think about what it is that you truly want as an entrepreneur. Is this a side hustle or a full-time business? What are your goals for your business and are they realistic and obtainable? You must have a clear picture of what it is that you want from your business.
Why do you want to be an entrepreneur?
• If you want to be an entrepreneur because you want to make a lot of money, then you won’t make it. There has to be a purpose for your business. What problem are you solving? And does it bring value to others?
How will you get it?
• What are the actionable steps you will take to achieve the goals you’ve set for your business? You must have a clear and solid plan for how you will start, maintain and grow your business. Write them down and post them in a space that you can see every day.
Don’t be afraid to level up
• Fear and doubt will be the first to show up when you decide to start your business. Don’t allow them to stop you from blessing others with your idea. You will have to push through the noise of others and what’s in your head to level up. Get out of your comfort zone and get into the game.
You might have to leave some folks behind
• Everyone is not meant to travel this journey with you. You might have to leave some folks right where they are. Everyone won’t understand why you’re doing this is and they don’t need an explanation. Be ok with leaving folks who will not support you behind. Don’t stop your goals and dreams to make others feel good.
You are so right about not listening to the naysayers. Sometimes well meaning family and friends want us to be overly cautious. You know often you just have to start!
Thanks for reading. Yes that’s so true.
Great post. I like how you mentioned what do you want? It is really good to know what do you want to do and focus on that until you really get good at it and then focus on adding additional products/services to your business. Overall, having clear and manageable goals are the key.
Thanks for visiting Tammy. I’ve found that when it gets tough and you want to give up knowing what you want helps gets you back on track.