This article first appeared on www.blaqstardommag.com on Oct 24, 2019
Some of us struggle with time management as entrepreneurs especially if you have a regular job. Time is precious and we all get the same 24 hours in a day. As an entrepreneur how we manage time for our businesses matter. Our work-life balance skills must be on point. If you struggle in this area, here are a few tips to help you.
• Write down everything you’re working on along with the time you start and end it.
• This allows you to see what tasks you are doing and how long it takes you to complete them.
Audit your time
• Look over the tasks you work on or complete to see where you are spending your time.
Eliminate time-wasters and distractions
• Assess the things that waste time and get rid of them.
• Close the multiple browser windows. Put your phone away.
• Turn off notifications for entails, text messages and social media.
Learn to batch
• Do similar tasks at one time. For example, if you blog then pick a day to just write blog posts. If you need to design graphics, then do just that for a certain time period.
• Outsource or delegate those things that you’re not as good at or take you too much time to do.
• This actually frees up more time for you to do other tasks.
Have a plan
• The night before make a list of things you need to do on the next day.
• In the morning, review that list and make adjustments where you need to.