DID YOU KNOW?
- Over 44 million American adults have a mental health condition.
- Rate of youth experiencing a mental health condition continues to rise.
- Mental illness adversely affects those abilities and often is life-threatening in nature.
- Depression is the health condition most impacting millennials.
- One in five youth, aged 13-18, experiences a severe mental disorder at some point during adolescence, yet only about half receive treatment.
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death for youths aged 15 to 24.
But…. there is good news
- Early identification and treatment can make a profound difference in the successful management of mental illness and recovery.
- It is important to maintain mental health and learn the symptoms of mental illness in order to get help when it is needed.
- Every citizen and community can make a difference in helping end the silence and stigma that for too long has surrounded mental illness and discouraged people from getting help.
- Public education and civic activities can encourage mental health and help improve the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness.